Interiorscape/Tropical Plant Manager
CityEscape Garden Center
& Design Studio is a rapidly growing landscape design/build/maintenance
firm based out of our facility on Lake Street in Garfield Park, located
10 minutes from downtown Chicago and serving the greater Chicago market.
Our primary mission is to delight clients by providing creative and
innovative interior and exterior landscape solutions backed up with
top quality installation and maintenance services.
Interiorscape/Tropical Plant Manager
The Interiorscape/Tropical Plant Manager will be responsible for CityEscape’s tropical plants and interiorscape program. This individual is responsible for all sales, design and upkeep of plant healthcare. This manager is both CityEscape’s liaison with the client and supervisor of the work crews. The position includes direct supervision of work crews; reviewing time cards for accuracy; and training of crew members to assure work performance meets company and client standards; and that the work is executed efficiently and safely to maximize profitability.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create new account target list for sales.
- Review current accounts and maintain relationships assuring that client needs are met in terms of horticulture (plant care) and service.
- Track contract renewals and re-sign new contracts for those accounts that do not automatically renew.
- Handle all client inquiries, additions to accounts, deletions for accounts, canceling accounts, account upgrades, design changes, inventories and negotiations after installation.
- Handle all special sales such as gift plants and holiday decorating.
Installation and Maintenance of plants
- Install and replace new decorative containers, tropical foliage plants, bromeliads, orchids and flowering plants into accounts.
- Transplant foliage plants as necessary.
- Monitor insects – spray with pesticides and natural controls when necessary.
- Acclimate plants to light and water.
- Fertilize plants as needed.
- Prune and clean plant as needed.
- Develop and nurture relationships with the best foliage growers in the industry.
- Order and receive tropical plants.
- Adhere to ‘Buyer Responsibilities’ attached to this description.
- Oversee Horticultural Services for Quality Assurance.
- Train crews in proper care and safe handling of all materials including such tasks as installing, transplanting and pruning.
- Delegate duties to crew members.
- Review results and observe ongoing work to ascertain if work is being performed according to instructions and will be completed according to schedule.
- Execute all job tasks and assignments quickly and accurately.
- Keep employee time records and record daily work performed.
- Assist crews in performing work when completion is critical.
- Enforce and train company policies and procedures.
- Train crews in safe and proper use of equipment.
- Plan for needs and maintenance of equipment.
Position requires the individual to:
- Maintain a positive attitude and outlook toward the work performed.
- Assure all paperwork is complete, neat, and orderly and has sufficient detail.
- Develop crew members.
- Develop a team atmosphere with the crew(s).
- Demonstrate good attendance and professionalism.
- Be courteous and professional to everyone.
- Be punctual for all appointments, both internally and externally.
- Serve as a contact person with client and subcontractors.
- Maintain a safe and orderly job site.
- 2 years experience in the horticultural industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills.
- Excellent horticultural knowledge and ability to teach other employees.
- Ability to translate technical information to a focused and specific assignment.
- Ability to provide a goal oriented work process while motivating and leading others with a supportive atmosphere.
- Self motivation and a commitment to high quality.
- Current and clear driver’s license.
- Current pesticide applicator’s license (or ability to obtain within 1 month).
Please send cover
letter specifying the position for which you are applying, along with
resume. Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
fax to 773-638-2002 or mail to CityEscape Garden & Design, 3022
W. Lake Street, Chicago IL 60612.
No phone calls, please.
CityEscape is an equal opportunity employer.